Human Centred Systems Engineering
You know you've achieved perfection in design, not when you have nothing more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)
A true systems engineering approach will account for all pieces of the system being developed, the hardware, the software, and the people. The users and maintainers of the systems, however, are frequently underrepresented in system development.
To avoid this, we combine the principles of systems engineering, human factors and ergonomics, thus putting the human in the centre of the design and implementation process. Consequently, we call our approach Human Centred Systems Engineering.
The goal is to optimize human well-being and overall system performance and at the same time establish a fault-tolerant and reliable system. To achieve this goal, we offer our clients:
• analysis of existing human-machine interfaces
• user interface design (hard- and software)
• design and evaluation of virtual reality and augmented reality applications
• stereoscopic display layout
• implementation of functional prototypes
• preparation and conduct of usability tests
• lectures and training on systems engineering, human factors and ergonomics
‹ ‹ ‹ AVIGATE - human-centred design driven by technical feasibility › › ›